Jatamansi oil is distilled from dried roots of Nardostachys jatamansi.
Uses and Advance Studies:
• Due to musky, earthy, Herbaceous, Camphoraceous woody and Balsamic odour this oil can be used in variety of perfume formulation to give special touch in low conc.
• In large dosages it can be used in oriental type of perfume.
• Oil is also used as tonic, stimulant and antispasmodic.
• It is used for treating epilepsy, hysteria and convulsion infection and palpitating heart.
• Root oil with other combination is useful for curing snake bite and scorpion bite.
Jatamsone, jatamansin, Nardol, β-Maalience and Calarene.
Physico Chemical Properties:
COLOR = Yellow to dark Brown
REFRACTIVE INDEX at 25°C = 1.495 to 1.510
SPECIFIC GRAVITY at 25°C = 0.940 to 0.960
ACID No. = 15.71