Valarian Root Oil
Steam distilled oil from roots of Valarian Wallichi.
The root oil is lazative, astringent carminative, antiperiodic, emmenagogue, hypnotic, aphrodisiac in nature.
Uses and Advance Studies:
• The oil used as an adjunct in flavouring of certain blend of tobacco.
• The root oil is aleziteric, cures epilepic fits, head troubles, diseases for the eye and the blood, "tridosha"; used in suppression of urine, poisoning, swooning.
• Used for infections of the eyes and hair, pains in the joints, diseases of the liver, the spleen and the kidney; good for gleet; clears the voice.
• Root oil is antidote to snake - Venom or scorpion venom.
• Valtrats are used as tranquilizers and sedative.
• They also improve co-ordination capacity.
Valarenic acid, Valarenone.
Physico Chemical Properties:
COLOR = Yellow to dark brown
REFRACTIVE INDEX at 25°C = 1.4830 to 1.5100
SPECIFIC GRAVITY at 25°C = 0.9300 to 0.9600
OPTICAL ROTATION = -30° to -50°
ACID No. = 25 to 40
FLASH POINT = 120°C